Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!

We went to see the Easter Bunny on Thursday afternoon. We didn't go to Big Nasty Mall (aka Westfield, aka Valley Fair - why do they keep changing mall names?). We went to Vallco this time, which is being changed to Cupertino Square.

Mr. Cottontail's helpers were so friendly and took several shots in an effort to get one where the boys were smiling. William and Ronan, however, were just wondering who the heck the big furry one was with the big ears. They were even more dumbfounded when Mommy put ears on them.

There was no waiting and the others who were there for photos were all so friendly. There was a cute little girl about 4-years-old there with her grandmother. William really liked her and enjoyed holding her hand. Ronan was just really super tired and he was wondering why he couldn't just nap. Prior to seeing Peter Cottontail we were at Sears having portraits taken.

Nick, the Sears photographer, was baffled by our William, who would not allow him to position him for the photos. When Nick tried to get William to sit, William stiffened up like a board with his elbows jutting out behind him so that he would end up lying propped up on elbows, but very unnaturally so with his legs so taught and in line with his tightened stomach. This boys is strong!!

We did manage to get a few good shots at Sears and there will be many more. I signed up for their super saver program which grants us free sittings any time we want, provided they are open, and a free 8x10 with every sitting. We intend to take full advantage of this. Obviously, they're hoping to sell me a lot of photos with those sittings, but I figure with free 8x10 photos, we can just keep going back. I can bring others, too, so if any of you want some photos just let me know.

Of course, the Sears photos aren't nearly as nice as the ones by my good friends Monterey Jack and Heather Hunt.

Later that night, just as I was about to go to bed, I heard Ronan over the baby monitor. He was coughing and sounded like he was struggling to breathe. I checked on him and he was burning up. His temperature was just shy of 103. I used an aspirator to clear his breathing passageways and then put some saline in his nostrils. Because he is so young and the temperature was so high, I held off giving him Tylenol (he'd never had it before, nor had he ever been otherwise medicated). I called the advice nurse at Kaiser who told me he had to go to the ER. We finally were seen by a doctor at about 2:30am and they gave him some Tylenol then sent us home about an hour later.

The Tylenol helps but we have to keep up the dosage or his fever goes back up. It was 103 again this morning, the poor little guy.

William may have had a touch of it, or maybe something else. His temperature was 101 last night but is just shy of 100 this morning. Both are of good temperament through all of this.

No comments: