Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Update

Please forgive me for my lack of posts. Not only have I been super busy and seeming to get busier every day, the biggest reason is that it's difficult to use my laptop these days. The keyboard is falling apart. The T key is no longer on the keyboard, I'm just hitting a little piece of rubber that lived under the T key. Now the A key is not working so well. On top of that, the laptop keeps overheating so it crashes on me frequently.

William is nearly crawling. Fortunately, I got the video to actually upload without the laptop crashing, but it took over an hour.

So, to fill you all in on the juicy details, there aren't really any! :)

Dave's been back from the UK for a couple of weeks and it's been really nice to have the whole family home again. I'm also happy to spend as much time as I can with the boys and we cuddle and play more than ever now that they are getting more into that sort of thing. They are on a very good schedule, no matter who is caring for them, and that makes things a bit easier.

Their schedule (rough time estimates):
7am: wake up, nurse, get dressed into day clothes
8am: play in exersaucers or in their play area with toys
9am: bottle (5-8 ounces) then nap, this is usually the best nap of the day
11am: play
1pm: bottle (7-8 ounces) then nap
2pm: play
4:30pm: bottle (6-7 ounces)
6pm: baby food (stage 1 baby food, cereal) then nap or play
7:30pm: bath, massage, night clothes, bottle (4-6 ounces) then bed
11pm: sort of a dream feed if they'll take it (William eats about 4 ounces, Ronan doesn't usually eat anything)
1am: William might wake up, may eat, then sleep
2am: William often wakes up, may eat, then sleep
3am: William wakes up, may eat, then try to play or sleep
4am: William wakes up, may eat, then try to play or sleep
5am: William wakes up, may eat, then try to play or sleep
6am: William wakes up, may eat, then try to play or sleep, Ronan wakes, eats, sleeps
7am: William wakes up, wants to play play play, eventually wakes up Ronan
It all starts over again.

I don't know what to do to get more sleep out of him. Ronan sleeps well! If only William could sleep as much. I do the same thing with both babies. I think it's just William's nature and temperament. Remember, we call him "Wiggles" for a reason.
They've been enjoying solids or as we call it "big boy food." I tried to bring them up to 2 meals a day of solids, but William insists on feeding himself so it's quite messy. For now we just do the 1 meal at about 6pm, before baths. Ronan, after watching William, has also taken to wanting to feed himself, but he's much more careful and actually gets most of the food in his mouth. So far they've had pears, apples, bananas, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, rice cereal, and oatmeal. We'll soon introduce peaches. They like fruit the best. Ronan really doesn't like carrots but he tolerates peas and somewhat likes sweet potatoes. I'm hoping to add back another meal, perhaps a breakfast, in a few more weeks.
William is very close to crawling! He's now able to get on his hands and knees and rock back and forth. It won't be long, now. He is quite mobile, though, and we need to put up the baby gates this week. We also had to lower the crib mattresses because William now tries to climb up the sides and stand against the rail. Ronan watches all this and tries, as well, but it only frustrates him because his body won't cooperate. He's got a different build to William, and is at least pound bigger, and this somewhat holds him back.
Well, Ronan is crying because he's rolled onto his tummy and has exhausted all his energy so he can't roll back over. He needs to be flipped over regularly.

1 comment:

Just Call Me Lissa said...

Yay! I'm so glad you posted! You haven't been around on LP and no updates here so I missed you. :D

I love love LOVE the video! Look at him go! Ronan will be right behind him in no time at all! It's just so amazing how fast they grow and change. I was sitting with Madison this evening before bed time and found a diaper my older niece had on one of her stuffed bears. It was a newborn and I 'pashaw'ed' when my sister said she brought Madison home in those diapers. It hardly seems possible! I held it up and said "Look! You used to be this tiny!" and she goes "Awww!" So. Stinking. Cute!

I hope everything else is going well!