Saturday, January 10, 2009

Easter passing

I'm not talking about the holiday. I'm talking about James Easter. He was someone I knew way back in my other life, my Utah life.

James died yesterday. I won't get into details since they don't matter. He leaves behind 2 sons, many loving family members, and many friends who are hurting right now.

To be honest, I didn't know him well and haven't been in touch with him for about 20 years. Still, I'm saddened about his passing. I'm sad that many of my old friends are sad. I learned about this yesterday when I saw my friend Travis Clark's status on Facebook. He asked for a moment of silence for James. I didn't really know what happened until I chatted with my friend Anna, my best friend of 26 years.

Anna's terribly sad about this. She had gotten back in touch with James recently and they were becoming better friends. She feels especially terrible because she heard from James earlier this week, he wanted to see her but she didn't have the ability to see him.

How does one know when these moments could be the last?

2 comments:

Scraplynn said...

I am sorry but I have to post about what Anonymous posted. I knew James in High School and he was a great guy. I don't know what he was like in later years but I bet his sons do. And I think one day they will Google his name and see this... Really is THAT what they should be reading... I know "freedom of Speech" but there is a thing called respect not only for the dead but the living too.. Those boys are innocent and really don't need to read things like this to add to the pain of losing their father... If they are reading this someday... I say to them, "Your dad was a nice guy in his youth. I am glad that we were friends. I have MANY good memories with him." Carrie

Lizzybo said...

Thank you for reminding me of this, Carrie. I agree. The comment is deleted.

I know that my friends who knew him in more recent years really loved him.