Friday, January 30, 2009

Brian's funeral

It's today. When I posted earlier that it was the 29th I was mistaken. Dave flew to Wales on Tuesday and arrived there on Wednesday. I feel so terrible that I cannot be there for him.

He will be speaking at the service, as will his sister Claire. I wish I could be there. I still feel bad that I missed Anne's funeral. We all need a chance to say farewell to those we love and to share our memories with all the others that are affected by the loss. We all need to mourn in our own ways and for me, it's difficult for me to process my feelings without a memorial service of some sort.

I've decided that the boys and I will get dressed up and have our own private little memorial service here at home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My condolences to all of your family in this painful time.

Lucienne