Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I love motherhood!


To all those that said, "you don't want kids, they're too much work!" To all those that said, "Are you sure you want children? They change your life!" To all those that said, "Just wait until you have kids..."

I waited. Boy, did I wait! Yes, they have changed my life. Yes, they are a lot of work, but not too much.

I LOVE BEING THE MOTHER OF WILLIAM AND RONAN!

I've wanted children for as long as I can remember. I've always felt that I was supposed to have children and be a mother. It broke my heart in high school when a friend said she didn't see me having children, but rather being a favorite aunt. I like being a favorite aunt (I'm the only aunt to 5 of my nieces and nephews so that is hopefully a given). Oh yes, I have loved being an aunt for 16 years but I've been heartbroken at not being a mother. Now I'm a mother and it feels so good. So right.

At the same time, I feel for my friends that want children but still struggle to conceive. I feel for all the women who are going through the struggle of infertility and especially for those who have crossed that bridge into acceptance of living child-free. I realize that could still be me, had IVF not changed my life.

Dave is a great father and we are such a happy family.

I would write more, but Ronan needs me NOW!

It is work, but it's bliss.

2 comments:

WaterBishop said...

Great pic!Yes, you are Mother, and it must feel wonderful. :)

Sara Halliday said...

You're my favourite aunt :).

Glad you're enjoying motherhood, speak to you soon.

Sara
x