Wednesday, September 24, 2008

We are proud parents!



Yesterday was such chaos, but we have wonderful babies to show for it!! They're perfect.

I went for the NST and my bp was still high. My urine tested positive for proteins so they called it preeclampsia and sent me over th L&D right away. A lot of good that did. They were so full I had to wait over 2 hours in the waiting room for a room, then I waited another 3 hours in an observation room before things got started.

I had a couple of serious panic attacks prior to the surgery, but the surgery itself was pretty easy. It just felt like turbulence. ;)

William Arthur was born at 8:58pm weighing 5 pounds 1o.5 ounces, 19 inches. Ronan Bryn soon followed weighing 6 pounds 1 ounce and also 19 inches. So much for u/s weight guesstimates - but they were within a pound of the estimates. :)

They are perfect and doing very well.

I'm doing fine but still having some issues with blood pressure and some issues with bleeding - there may be a problem with the incision. Both problems will probably resolve in time.

17 comments:

WaterBishop said...

Congratulation!!!!
They are beautiful! And big!

Rest up Lizzy. I am so happy for you.:)

The Hunt Gang said...

Congratulations Lizzy! They are gorgeous and healthy! Good job! We are thrilled to hear the news. Let us know if you need anything at all! Heather and the gang.

Daisy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Jocasta said...

Congratulations! They are beautiful - love the names.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sara Halliday said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!
They are beautiful, you will be an amazing mother!

Lisa and Liam said...

Tears in my eyes, Lizzy! Congratulations and a job well done! Just think...this happened the DAY after they tried to make you work?!!

So glad to have been a part of your journey so far. I am very much looking forward to much, much more. We're twin moms!! How crazy is that?!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lizzy, we're so happy for all of you! I cannot believe you found the time to actually put pics in your blog already, I am impressed and thanks for sharing, love the pics and cannot wait to meet the boys! Love, Anne, David, Maya and Maxence

Barb said...

Wow! Great big healthy twins! CONGRATS!

I would have had panic attacks too. Good job sweetie.

Wendy said...

Congratulations, Lizzy! I'm so happy for you and your DH! The boys are just beautiful. :)

Anna said...

How AMAZING! I am so proud of you! You did it! They are the EXACT same weight as my tiwns which means you will be coming home soon! I LOVE YA GIRL! CONGRATS THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

britt said...

they are beautiful :)

jtguttman said...

Congrats! What beautiful names for beautiful boys! So happy for you!!

tickintime said...

Congrats Dave & Lizzy!! I know you are over the moon happy right now.

Love the boy's names. They are beautiful and precious.

elephantscanremember said...

Congrats! Those are two cute big boys you've got there. How sweet!!!

rumna said...

William and Ronan are the answered prayers in this amazing mental/physical/spritual journey you embarked on. They are lovely!
Congratulations and take care of yourself too. LOVE

Panamahat said...

You did it! A big congratulations!

Kelly Family said...

YAY! congratulationson your boys! I hope you heal quickly and enjoy your boys!