Saturday, September 6, 2008

35 weeks!

Yesterday was another major milestone. My nurse told me that after 35 weeks the babies have almost as good of a chance of requiring no NICU time as they do full term!

I'm starting to really feel it, though, especially in this heat. My leg has a pinched nerve that sometimes hurts so bad that I can't even walk through the house without crying. My hands get so swollen at night that I can't grip the blankets. I'm tired. Oh, so tired.

However, it's all worth it. I'd rather have these aches and pains then have these babies come too early and have to suffer with needles, devices, and procedures in the NICU. It's only for a few more weeks, anyway.

I'm so excited!!!

8 comments:

Arjun and Indira said...

HI! I got your blog link through Megan's blog. I too endured infertility resulting in my twins. I made it to 36w5d and I remember what that felt like so I can totally relate to you being uncomfortable and just done and ready to meet your babies.
Damiane'
mom to b/g twins

karenf said...

Well, this is great news!

Barb said...

Glad things are well!

Me said...

WOOT!!!

Lissa said...

I am completely ecstatic for you!! I can't wait to see those two precious baby boys!

jtguttman said...

I've been an awful TS big sis, but wanted you to know that I check your blog often! I'm so proud of you for making it this far!! You've done a great job "baking" those beautiful boys! I'm anxiously awaiting pictures of them! ;)

tickintime said...

Wooohooo...you are almost there girl.

Anonymous said...

I remember you from FF and heard your were pregs and about to deliver twins. I'm so happy for you and wish you an easy birth! What great news!

Love,
Kimi