Monday, August 25, 2008

At least one more week!

Dave and I have been super busy trying to get the nursery ready for the boys' arrival. Too busy, actually. I've not been feeling very well lately, mainly yucky in the tummy. I overdid it, again, on Saturday. We got a lot done, but by the time we were ready to go to bed I was having too many contractions. I did my counts and had 7 in 45 minuts and they were coming consistently at about 8 minutes apart. Nice.

So, I called the hotline and they told me to go to L&D. Joy of joys. I need to start doing my contraction counts earlier in the evening so I can avoid these middle of the night or all-nighter trips to L&D. We got there at about midnight and stayed a few hours. They checked for dilation a couple of times with some good results that I was not dilated at all. They did the fFN and told me that based on the results they can pretty much guarantee that I won't go into labor for the next week but after that, all bets are off.

The last time I had the fFN they gave me 2 whole weeks! Now they only give me 1 week? I was hoping for 3.

3 comments:

karenf said...

I might win the delivery pool (from the shower) after all!! Albeit Sadly though. I am still hoping they stay inside for at least 2 to 3 weeks. Hope you feel better, and keep those feet UP woman!!

Lissa said...

Try to take it easy. I know you probably still have a lot to do and that will be difficult. I hope the boys keep baking for a couple more weeks. You're looking great and I am so completely amazed that you are already [thisclose] to giving birth! Time sure does fly. I'm so excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

Just dropped in to read your blog.

Hope the boys stay put for another couple of weeks. Can you believe we are so close after waiting so long?!?!

Lucienne