Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Virus, food poisoning, or just more pregnancy stuff?

After the car woes, I did surprisingly well. My contractions didn't increase that weekend. The heat didn't really get to me. I felt fine. Until about mid-week.

I don't know what caused it. At first I thought it was food poisoning, but I didn't get better after a couple of days. With all the salmonella scares in the nation, it's a pretty easy conclusion to jump to, but I can't think of anything I ate that Dave didn't eat, other than some curry - and so it may have been the curry. Dave hasn't been sick like this. I won't go into details, but I've felt like crap (pun intended, perhaps) on and off ever since.

Dr. B, my OB, saw me yesterday. Her theory is that I got some virus that has been lingering and that combined with my advancing pregnancy, is what's knocking me flat. Being functionally ill has been increasing the contractions, but I'll get to that in another post. I say "functionally ill" because for the most part, I'm still able to function and do things, make my appointments and commitments, and get through the day without spending it in bed, but I'm really feeling cruddy and don't dare be too far from a bathroom at any time.

As I recover, the pregnancy is progressing into the 3rd trimester so it's tough to tell what is pregnancy related and what is just plain being kinda sick, well, other than the stomach issues, which are getting better, I think.

1 comment:

tickintime said...

OMG! You've been through enough. I hope things settle down for you soon.