Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I studied but I failed.

There are no surprises today about my blood work from yesterday. I failed the 1-hour glucose tolerance test. As I mentioned before, I took this test a few months ago and only passed it by 1 point. I only failed it by 3 points this time. I scored a 143, so I guess that's not bad since it is only 4 points higher than it was a few months ago. So I suppose I'll have to do the difficult and annoying 3-hour test. I don't mind too much, other than that the drink makes me feel kind of icky and I'll have to drink it after fasting this time, and stay the entire 3 hours at the hospital to get blood drawn 4 times out of my left arm. I'm more worried about how they're going to draw the blood the 4 times out of the one arm than I am about the fasting or the drink. Oh I hate needles! I'll be glad when it's over.

1 comment:

karenf said...

Well yuck, I was hoping you would pass. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Make sure you bring a good book with you for the 3 hour stay...