Saturday, July 12, 2008

He's gone

Dave left on Wednesday for Japan. Sounds fun, huh? Well, sadly, he's there for work and has so much to do in so little time, it's looking doubtful that he'll get any time to actually appreciate or maybe even notice that he's in Japan. He says for the most part he's been stuck in one room working on machines all day, without even time for meals. Poor guy.

Poor me. I miss him. I have a difficult time sleeping when he's away. I keep imagining the worst things. At night, I'm even afraid to look at windows for fear that I'll see a face suddenly looking back in at me. I couldn't sleep last night until about 2am. I woke up at 6am to the sounds of a leaf blower in the neighborhood. I guess one of my neighbors had monster leaves that needed to be taken care of right away, lest they smother him in his sleep.

Tempest has been good company. I think he also misses Dave. He's been spending a lot more time hanging around with me and while he's still as playful as ever, he's also gotten a lot more cuddly.

Since I've been told essentially no walking other than what is necessary, I've found swimming to be the greatest form of exercise and relief. When I'm in the pool, gone are the aches and pains of the pregnancy. My hips don't hurt and I feel weightless. I also feel the benefits for hours after every swim. Sadly, the "pool guy" (Dave) is out of town and the very day after he left the pool turned a cloudy green. It happened so quickly! I've tried to shock treat it and swept it the best that I could, but I'm very limited in what I can do. It's clearing up, but very slowly, and I haven't been able to get any swimming in, which makes this heat wave tougher to bear. I've had to spend most of my time at home in the bedroom because it's the only room in the house with air conditioning. The other night, after having the windows and doors open a few hours to let some cooler air in, the house thermostat read at 87 degrees. It was over 100 in the house earlier that afternoon.

The air quality is poor, too. I hope they can put the fires out. I feel so bad for everyone affected (and the animals, too). I'm having a tough time with it, too. My throat burns and I'm having difficulty breathing.

I'm going to Neil & Corinne's bbq later today. It's Caribbean themed. I have a little surprise in mind. Heheheheee. ;)

No comments: