Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Graeme & Ashley's wedding


Our good friends, Graeme and Ashley, got married on Saturday. It was a lovely wedding at the Sequoia Lodge in Oakland. Dave was the Best Man and he delivered a nice speech and did very well with it. Ashley looked gorgeous and Graeme was very handsome. They seemed to have loved their wedding, every bit of it, and that was so pleasing.

We stayed overnight at the Waterfront Hotel. It was very nice, even with the construction. They went out of their way to please everyone there. They even gave us a lovely baby gift consisting of a cute blanket, 2 little hats, 1 pair of booties, and 4 little wooden hangers. It was very kind of them.

The biggest problem, however, was my walking restriction. It's so hard for me to follow when I'm around others, especially those that like to walk long distances frequently. I don't like keeping people down. Our room was quite a distance from the lobby. Actually, it was almost as far as you could get from the elevator. Just going to and from the room was too much walking. We had to have some lunch, and fortunately the hotel was located in my craving heaven! There was a Tony Roma's across the corner and they have the BEST big cheeseburgers! I mean THE BEST!! Right next door to Tony Roma's was a Ben & Jerry's!! Mmmm Mmmmmm!!

Not too far away was a Barnes & Noble. Rachel, Tony, and I all wanted to go there, even though I knew fully well I was breaking walking restrictions. I need to make another post about the B&N. Anyway, there were a couple of twin girls there signing their book. They were very sweet. Their mother warned me that I looked about ready to give birth. Nice, huh? ;) I told her it was twins, we had a nice discussion about the twin thing, the twin girls gave me lots of good advice, I bought their book for Sara, later wishing I bought one for Aubryn, too, and then I was on my way. As I walked out of the door I overheard the mother saying, "I knew it was twins, she's huge!"

I had a growth spurt just the night before. The day before this everyone at the nail salon was so sweet by telling me how small I was for being 7 months along with twins. In one night I outgrew some more clothes. My wardrobe is getting more limited, but that's okay. As I mentioned, I don't get out much these days. At this point I don't see any reason to spend more money on clothes. We're in the home stretch!
Anyway, the wedding went off without a hitch. Everything was lovely. My doctor also said no dancing, so I just sat and watched everyone else. I tried to take it as easy as I could, but it's tough at a wedding, and it was tough throughout the whole day. By 8pm I was getting contractions every 5 minutes. I snuck off to a dark corner where I could put my feet up and not worry about having to stand up to talk to people. The next hour I had 8 contractions. By the end of the evening I was down to 5 an hour, thank goodness! I didn't want to have to go back to L&D that night.

1 comment:

karenf said...

Yeah!! Graeme and Ashley! he totally looks nervous there!