Friday, January 18, 2008

Wow! We got 9!

The retrieval went very well. They all took such good care of me and Dave. The wonderful news is that we got 9 eggs! That's a lot more than the 1-3 I was told to expect. They're doing the ICSI now and I can't wait for the results.

In my post yesterday I made at least one error (probably more, but I explained it as I knew it). The grading for the embryos goes from 1-5 with 5 being the best. That's the grading before they push them toward blast stage, when the grading changes and 1 is the best. I was told again not to expect blasts because of the lower number of eggs. They push more for blasts when there are many more than 10 eggs.

So basically, now we just wait for the fertilization report sometime tomorrow. The plan for now is to go in Monday for the transfer. I don't know what time.

4 comments:

Babe* said...

What a great number retrieved. I pray that they all continue to grow and multiply. Can't wait to hear tomorrow's FR.

Take care of yourself.

WaterBishop said...

Get some rest. Nine eggies is great! I can't wait to hear how they do. good luck sweetie.

Norah said...

9 eggs !!!! You go girl!! I'm addicted to blogs, so I will stalk yours if you stalk mine ; ) Good Luck !

Wendy said...

9 is great! I'm so happy for you that retrieval went so well.