Saturday, January 19, 2008

Six embryos!

We got our fertilization report early today, at about 11:30am. Of the 9 eggs, 6 fertilized. That's all she could tell us, but she was as excited to give us the good news as we were to receive it. As happy as I am with the news, I wish I knew about the eggs, the maturity of them, and whatever else they might know from analysis of the eggs and/or embryos. I guess we'll find all that out on Monday.

The transfer is scheduled for Monday at 9:30am. They don't plan to go for blasts unless there are more than 5 really super quality grade-5 embryos at day 3, so there is a slight chance we'd get pushed to a 5-day, but not likely (especially since it's on a Monday, rather than later in the week - I gathered that they work with minimal staffing on Sundays).

I'm just dying to know all the information that I can! However, sometimes that desire of mine just pushes them to give me bad news that doesn't do me any good.

It seems that we now have a choice as to how many embryos to put back. The recommended amount for my age is 2-3 depending on the grade. I feel very blessed to be able to have a choice, as we were told all along that if we made it to retrieval, we'd probably barely have the recommended 2-3 to transfer (or maybe even 1).

Thank you for your prayers and continued support. I've been very warmed by your comments, too.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Great news Lizzy. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning.

Wendy said...

I'm very excited for you, Lizzy!