Monday, January 28, 2008

The Passing of a Prophet

Last night a great man passed from this realm to his reward in Heaven. I was saddened to learn of the death of President Hinckley, but I feel very fortunate that he was in this world and was able to spread his influence so far and wide. In my lifetime, I've never known a Church President to be so profound and so (as I believe) close to God. Maybe that's because of all the Presidents, it was Gordon B. that was able to reach me through his words and actions more than anyone else in the Church. He has really helped me to strengthen my testimony and faith, especially through these difficult years. I've never met him, but I always felt his true love for every Church member, including me, as well as his true Christlike love for every individual in the world.

For more information about President Hinckley, here is a lovely article about his works.

Incidentally, within a few hours of President Hinckley's passing, Archbishop Christodoulos of the Greek Orthodox Church also passed.

Today was good. A new friend of mine, Nav, got her BFP today! She is in my IVF group and I feel so fortunate to have met her. We've formed a quick bond and I really hope it lasts. Her husband is also a genuine sweetheart and I feel very fortunate to have met them both. Regardless of the outcome of my test on Friday, I can rejoice in Nav's great news. I hope and pray that this pregnancy is a healthy one. She really deserves it and I know she and her husband will be wonderful parents. I hope Nav's is just the first of the most successful IVF group in my doctor's practice.

4 comments:

Norah said...

Go Nav !!! I'm counting the days for you Lizzy : )

Baby Step said...

Hi Lizzy - thanks for checking out my blog! :-)

Anonymous said...

Lizzy, thank you for posting the articles in this blog. It was great to read but sad to hear about his passing. I can only hope to live such a full life and make it to 97.

PS: I am anxiously awaiting your beta too! :)

mrslady1975 said...

D'oh! Ok, that anonymous was me...:)